with the Earth
Peace & Justice
with the Earth
with Greg Bowman, managing editor|
of NewFarm.org news/tools
Saturday, October 22, 2005
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Plains Mennonite Church
50 West Orvilla Road, Hatfield, PA 19440
Map and Directions
Peace and justice resource displays
Anyone with an interest in peacemaking is welcome
- Plenary on Environmental Justice as a Peace Issue:
"Savoring the revolution, redeeming the foodshed:
Buy fresh, buy local, buy fair by all means" -- with Greg Bowman
- Small group workshop sessions:
- Beyond Community Supported Agriculture, with Peggy Fogarty-Harnish and Greg Bowman
- Community Mediation, with Ryan Kolb (Montgomery County Mediation Center)
- "Those People", with Dolly Craig (Manna on Main St.)
- How to Start a Peace Gathering, with Abe Gehman (Bally MC)
- Pennsylvania Environmental Overview
(Open space/urban sprawl/recycling/global warming/clean energy)
- Current Issues: Conversation with Bob Walden
- Group discussion of peace and justice work in our congregations --
sharing our experiences; ideas for getting started; networking, and new resources.
Registration and coffee at 8:30 am; program begins 9:00 am
includes light mid-morning brunch; and wrap-up by 1:00 pm
Advance registration by October 18 is requested, but there is no registration fee.
Contact the Conference Office, 215-723-5513, KarenB@fmc-online.org, or Bob Moyer, 215-766-0827,
Resources from this Gathering
MCC Washington Office
Resources on the Environment
Wind-Generated Electric Power in Pennsylvania.
(You can switch to wind-generated power without changing utility companies.)
Climate Change Resources.
Community Supported Agriculture (www.maysiesfarm.org/csa/index.html)
National Council of Churches EcoJustice Program.
Pennsylvania Interfaith Climate Change Campaign
National Council of Churches -- Pennsylvania or Pa Council of Churches (PICCC.doc).
PennFuture -- Citizens for Pennsylvania's Future.
Center for the Celebration of Creation, Chestnut Hill UMC (Philadelphia).